Friday, January 4, 2013

Olay Pro X Advance Cleaning System Review




Hello All!! So I have been debating forever on possibly purchasing the Clarisonic Mia.  It's basically a skin cleansing system that the reviews say transform your skin.  Only thing is, it is very pricey.  I have seen them for as little as $100.  The system consists of using a mild skin cleanser with an electronic device that vibrates a brush head against your face to remove impurities and deep clean the skin.  The reviews on almost every major site (Ulta, Macy's, Amazon, Makeup Alley etc.) are anywhere from 4-5 stars out of 5. That's pretty darn good!

So when I came across the Olay Pro X System, I figured after doing my research that it was a really great less expensive alternative.  The reviews on all the major sites are almost equal to those of the Clarisonic Mia.  Usage is exactly the same, a cleanser and the device for about 60 seconds and the price at CVS Pharmacy was $29.99/Sale $24.99.  One major difference is the Clarisonic only vibrates while the Olay Pro X spins in a circular motion.  Which I actually like.  I feel like it's actually brushing the dirt away and not just pulsating against it.  The brush head on the Clarisonic is larger than the Olay Pro X HOWEVER, the only moving part on the Clarisonic is the center bristles.  The outer ring of bristles is there only to prevent splatter.  So in actuality, the Olay Pro X has a larger moving head. 

The Olay Pro X came with a small trial size cleanser.  The cleanser has a fine graininess to it.  My skin, I would say is on the sensitive side and wasn't irritated by it.  But the second time I used it and went on for more than 60 seconds, I felt a bit of irritation from it.  That was my fault though lol.  I lost track of time.  One other thing is that the Clarisonic comes with a charging dock and the Olay Pro X needs 2 double AA batteries.  I don't mind that.  I read in several reviews that the batteries have lasted people over a month with everyday use.  That isn't bad at all.

Once I finish with the Olay Pro X and apply my nighttime moisturizers, I find that my skin is glowing!! Really glowing and clear looking.  I also noticed that before I used the system, I would wake up the morning after and my skin felt tight.  Almost like either my moisturizer had been rubbed off while I slept or my skin absorbed it and needed more.  However with the use of the Olay Pro X system it felt still well moisturized in the morning with no tightness. 

Overall I love it! I've used it now for 1 full week and have noticed some nice changes.  My skin looks more radiant, feels softer and I've noticed less blackheads in the areas where I would get them.  Still I have not used the Clarisonic so I cannot speak for it.  I can only compare with what I've read and pictures I have seen.  I would say if you really want to transform your skin, give the Olay Pro X system a try.  I neglected my skin for a very long time after I had my second son, and now I've got to get back to it.  This is a great cheaper alternative!! Thanks for visiting!!

3 comments:

  1. Does it work about the same? My skin is looking & feeling so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it. It vibrates like the clarisonic but doesn't vibrate in a circular motion like the clarisonic. I think that is what makes clarisonic so awesome. But still it is a decent alternative and when I don't use it I can tell because my face starts to get icky!

      Delete